MEZZANINE HELPS STARTUP ESTABLISH A MARKET PRESENCE FAR BEYOND ITS YEARS IN JUST 8 MONTHS
Constant Power is a developer, integrator and operator of distributed energy resources through their Energy Storage as a Service (ESaaS) solution. ESaaS is a combination of advanced battery storage and energy management control offered through a service contract to provide significant operational and economic advantages to customers.
The Constant Power team has extensive experience in developing, financing, implementing, and operating 100s of megawatts of distributed energy. But as a new startup, they lacked the in-house marketing resources to provide their sales team with the tools necessary to both reach and educate prospective customers. They were lacking even the basic collateral, relying on a website with technical issues and limited functionality to reach their audience.
Their challenge lay not only in promoting the new company, but also in launching their completely novel concept, Energy Storage as a Service (ESaaS). In order to begin acquiring customers, Constant Power wanted their marketing to have the polish and presence of a company that was much more mature, by building out an entire marketing strategy instead of handling it piecemeal.
CONSTANT POWER CHOSE MEZZANINE FOR 3 KEY REASONS:
- The Mezzanine team are business strategists first, and could align marketing strategies with the company’s overall business goals
- They are experts at hands-on tactical execution
- They could provide immediate, executive-level marketing support without the added headcount.
Mezzanine had eight short months to execute a comprehensive marketing plan to help Constant Power begin acquiring customers. This involved first creating sales enablement tools like a pitch deck, a company overview document and an infographic explaining ESaaS. Additional foundational and corporate marketing included brand guidelines, a keyword strategy and website refresh, as well as a social media and trade show strategy. Mezzanine also implemented image enhancing tactics like a photo shoot and team LinkedIn training, as well as establishing the company’s thought leadership with articles and blogs.
including Brand guidelines, a new proposal template, keyword strategy, a redesigned website, and a social media strategy to increase engagement.
- A clearly defined tradeshow roadmap and strategy, along with a list of key tradeshows and conferences to participate in
- An understanding of industry influencers to help amplify thought leadership efforts
- A reporting method to measure successes