Mezzanine Enhanced Nymity's Marketing and Sales
With hands-on-leadership, strategy, branding, lead generation, marketing automation and CRM support.
Nymity pioneered privacy compliance software over a decade before privacy rose to global prominence. The company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and London, UK, and has offices in the United States, the Netherlands, Portugal and Colombia.
The GDPR was approaching, bringing new competitors to the industry, as well as a massive new market that needed privacy compliance solutions to meet a strict regulatory deadline. The GDPR was changing the way organizations both inside and outside of the EU approached privacy compliance. Nymity needed to refocus their brand, prepare for a sales scrum unlike any they had ever seen and quickly establish their industry expertise at a time when they were without marketing leadership.
They needed marketing to:
- Grow brand awareness in the EU and worldwide
- Generate and manage sales leads
- Lead, manage and implement their entire marketing program
- Provide sales and marketing pipeline visibility with marketing automation and CRM (HubSpot)
The lead-up to the GDPR was a game changer in privacy, bringing enormous opportunities and challenges. Our marketing leader was going on maternity leave, so instead of hiring one individual for backfill, the timing was right to hire an agency of experts. The Mezzanine Group was able to quickly grasp who we are, what we do and where we needed to go in a complex industry. They were able to look at where we were in terms of our marketing, products and branding and they put a multi-faceted strategy in place to move us to the forefront fast.
COO at Nymity
Mezzanine provided a full spectrum of marketing support for Nymity, including branding, strategic guidance, tactical execution, lead generation, marketing automation (MA) and customer relationship management (CRM).
Ray Pathak, COO at Nymity, comments, “We essentially outsourced our marketing for 18 months to Mezzanine, and they did a terrific job. But it was not just marketing – and this is important – we ended up outsourcing the marketing leadership to them. Mezzanine was able to fill the void in leadership and strategy, and they were able to execute, and then some, the marketing plan, and at the end of the day they facilitated a transition to a new VP.”
What We Did
- Redesigned the website and optimized content
- Aligned messaging with customer persona
- Produced sales support, including 9 pieces of collateral and 2 fax blasts
- Created a service explainer video
- Built and executed a social media strategy
- Redesigned the website using Sitecore and WordPress and optimized content
- Segmented solutions into 3 product groups to simplify the sales discussion
- Updated the UVP, key messaging, elevator pitch and tag line
- Produced in-depth sales support materials including the sales pitch presentation
- Managed content marketing including product and corporate videos, case studies, whitepapers and articles
- Produced and launched a 28-page Buyer’s Guide
- Created and managed The Alliance of Privacy Professionals
- Completed a benchmarking study and conducted industry research
- Built the Nymity Network influencer program, including strategy, brand, logo and landing page
- Implemented HubSpot Growth Suite (sales, marketing and service) including campaigns, reports and templates
- Supported the entire CRM data cleanse (over 30,000 records)
- Set up HubSpot blog and wrote, edited, optimized and deployed 75 weekly blogs
- Managed all content marketing including articles, whitepapers, webinars and blogs
- Managed social media posts and campaigns
Event Strategy & Tactics
- Created tradeshow collateral
- Supported regional and industry events
- Produced podcasts in partnership with industry association
Marketing Consulting/Program Management
- Built a strategy and maintained operations in marketing for 18 months
- Managed the successful transition to a VP of Marketing
- Supported the launch of the GDPR and provided post-support
- Developed a marketing budget tracking system
- Supported the sales transformation plus the hiring of the first VP of Sales and Privacy Solutions Advisors
Mezzanine initiated strategy and maintained operations in marketing for 18 months. Although they were initially hired as marketing backfill during the busy lead-up to the GDPR, they ended up assisting in the transformation of the sales and marketing department. They implemented HubSpot for marketing, sales and customer support, including setting up reports, process mapping and more. They developed Nymity’s marketing organization structure and supported the hiring process, training and transition of a VP of Marketing and other in-house marketing employees. They also supported Nymity’s complete sales team transformation, which led to the hiring of the first VP of Sales, the division of sales into 2 teams, plus a support model of Privacy Solutions Advisors.
Mezzanine changed the way we do business.
That wasn’t part of the initial mandate, which was purely marketing, but it speaks to the quality of consulting that Mezzanine provides; they recognized that they were doing all this great marketing but if they were going to increase our leads, we needed to fix our sales processes. Our CRM wasn’t giving us visibility into the funnel or any metrics to help sales improve, such as the average time from lead to close. Mezzanine suggested that we move from the 1980s to 2018 and get a new CRM so that we could take advantage of integrated sales and marketing automation, and it’s been like night and day. Mezzanine was instrumental in handling the difficult transition from NetSuite to HubSpot.
Now we have access to critical data and the metrics to be able to track leads through our sales funnel, see what deal stage they are in and be proactive about closing them.
We extended Mezzanine’s contract a number of times because they were making a world of difference to our business. At the end of the day, Mezzanine brought us to where we needed to be – they rebranded us in time for the GDPR and led our marketing like champions. And with their Marketing Automation and CRM implementation work we now have visibility into the pipeline, we’ve increased sales and we make better-informed decisions.
COO at Nymity