MEZZANINE DELIVERS A WINNING COMBINATION OF MARKETING STRATEGY AND EXECUTION FOR THE BURNIE GROUP
The Burnie Group helps clients design innovative strategies and continuously pursue operational excellence. Delivering consulting services in two practice areas – Strategy and Technology & Operations – their network of more than 50 top-tier consultants develop customized strategies designed to accelerate growth, improve employee engagement, reduce operating costs, maximize the value of mergers and acquisitions, enhance technology and operations and increase top-line revenue. Their proven methodology, tools and technology deliver measurable results.
The Burnie Group was competing head-to-head with larger consulting firms-winning contracts with large organizations in banking, insurance, telecommunications, healthcare, and more. Lacking an in-house marketing team, they were looking for expert help to develop impactful marketing strategies, expand engaging content, as well as to lay the groundwork for a future in-house marketing hire. They had traditionally put their focus on sales, but they recognized a need for a marketing strategy to support two main purposes:
1. To grow their presence in the marketplace.
2. To generate high-value leads.
The Burnie Group’s website and the few marketing materials they had were out of date. Their marketing did not reflect their level of service or the full scope of their product offerings. Mezzanine held strategic workshops to evaluate The Burnie Group’s branding, messaging and product organization. They developed a new product structure, defined several key competitive advantage statements, refreshed their website, produced engaging sales collateral and revamped their LinkedIn presence.
Burnie comments, “Mezzanine excelled at developing our marketing strategy. The process they followed was one that helped to get alignment from our senior leadership, so together, we could really build a robust and compelling strategy.”
Customer feedback on the new website design has been extremely positive. Mezzanine helped The Burnie Group develop a winning marketing strategy, consistent branding that better communicated their service offerings, and a two year plan for their future new hire to execute as they continue in their efforts to grow their market presence and generate leads.
Burnie comments, “Mezzanine was able to do something that we never could have – coordinating multiple resources to get to an end solution. For example, when we were putting together our website, they brought in a great design firm and then sourced someone who would do the actual coding. These are the types of things for which an individual company, like The Burnie Group, who doesn’t have a network, doesn’t know who to call. So the fact that Mezzanine had countless resources at their fingertips was extremely helpful.”
“For organizations that just don’t have the time or capacity to employ their own marketing team, The Mezzanine Group delivers a great way to get all the benefits of a fully staffed marketing department at a fraction of the cost,” says Burnie. “They can really drive your marketing efforts and initiatives to get results.“
- Completely refreshed the search engine optimized website, including fast-tracking additional content for four new practice areas which involved writing, designing diagrams, content entry to the CMS and custom programming as well as publishing six new staff bios.
- Producing sales support collateral, including two corporate brochures, one benchmark report, one practice area brochure and holiday cards.
- Developed a fully detailed, two year marketing plan.
- Conducted a major CRM audit and update.
- Updated their LinkedIn page and built and executed a social media strategy, including updated staff profiles and photography.
- Completed one insight report to share thought leadership with clients and prospects.
- Conducted Business development outreach, including completing a LinkedIn InMail campaign plan, developing a list of 118 targets and drafting three messages.
“Mezzanine delivered a high quality website and laid the groundwork for us to execute against a number of marketing initiatives to deliver on that ultimate goal of lead generation. We now have effective sales collateral and a consistency in our marketing and overall branding efforts.”
The Burnie Group’s Principal and Founder